Single Section Axle Counter (SSDAC)
Medha’s Single Section Axle Counter (SSDAC) overcome track circuit limitations in situations including - water logging or flooding, metal bridges, long block sections, yards with poor wheel shunt lines, high EMI/EMC environments, tunnels, high temperature and sunshine regions, complex and large stations and yards etc.
- 2oo2 architecture
- Detects 2 or 3 points
Counts and compares the number of axles entering and exiting the section and establish as if the last car has cleared that section.
System is interfaced to provide section occupancy information, based on which signaling system controls safe movement of trains.
- One detection point – Single section (1DP-1S): Typically used for sidings
- Two detection points – Single section (2DP-1S): Straight line sections
- Three detection points – Single section (3DP-1S): Point zones.
- Three detection points – Two consecutive sections or Auto-Section in a straight line (3DP-2S/AS)
- Financially economical
- Standalone systems, not dependent on type and make of Interlocking
- Easy to install without needing any additional equipment
- Low life cycle cost
- Zero maintenance systems
- MTBF > 20 years
- Extensive diagnostics features